Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not an update, but...Day 3.

I don't know if you can see it that well, but here it is:

(and yes, that's what I look like!)
I'm sort of (a.k.a. really) obsessed with this singer named Ingrid Michaelson...you might have heard of her...she has this really good song called "The Way I Am." So she came to Cincinnati last Thursday, and as I had my tickets a few months in advance, I decided to crochet a mini-her based on a photo from a show at NYC's City Winery. And this doll is the product of my efforts.

I crocheted the body and head from the pattern for the Corporate Zombie in, yes, Christen Haden's Creepy Cute Crochet. I made hair from my own design, and I sewed the hat over that. I made the scarf with a D hook, red yarn, and a 3-stitch-wide improv and sewed that on, then bent some wire for her glasses.

And that is the story of my cute (yet very stalker-like) Ingrid Michaelson doll.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment